BEVERLY MULLINS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Deadline for submission: April 25, 2011 at 5:00pm (Extended 5 weeks from original deadline). Applications will be reviewed once a year during spring semester. Selections will be made by members of the Mullins family committee and supported by the UC Berkeley Student Parent Programs and Services department within the Transfer Re-entry and Student Parent Center. You must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA to apply.
Name of Applicant: __________________________________
Phone Number: __________________________________
Email Address: __________________________________
Steps to Apply for this Scholarship:
1. Write a one page introduction that provides information about yourself and your child(ren).
2. Write a short essay no more than two pages that describes areas in your life where demonstrated leadership and overcame obstacles either through your work, school, or family life. Explain your family, work or school situation, what was accomplished and how your leadership made a difference.
3. Submit your introduction and descriptive essay (maximum 3 page) on white paper, typed and double-spaced. At the top of each page, print your full legal name, Student Identification Number, and birth-date.
4. You will need to be available for an interview in late April. Applicants outside the Bay Area will have phone interviews. If you receive the award, we would love to present it to you at the Re-entry graduation ceremony in May 2011 on the UC Berkeley campus.
5. Mail the above documents to
The Beverly Mullins Memorial Scholarship,
Attn: Alice Jordan, Program Director Student Parent Programs and Services
Transfer Re-entry and Student Parent Center
University of California Berkeley
100 Cesar Chavez Student Center
Berkeley, CA 94720-4260
Your application must be received no later than April 25, 2011.
For more information contact Dianna Mullins at firstname.lastname@example.org